Monday, March 17, 2008

Mina's New Restaurant





I mentioned that my host sister Mina recently opened up a small restaurant and so I decided to take a few pictures to show all of you and also to send to Mina's husband in America. I could just as easily have titled this blog "My New Kitchen" because all the cooking now happens at the restaurant. I woke up one day to find that our kitchen table had disappeared and a few weeks later the fridge was gone too, along with most of our dishes! Though the new restaurant makes life a little more hectic in our household, I enjoy spending time there, talking to customers and watching my host sister cook. Hopefully someday soon she will have the time to teach me more about Lao cooking so I can whip up some tasty dishes for all of you when I get back. I hope you like hot chili peppers!

Pictured here is my host sister Mina and her son Isaac.

No comments: